Your Clothes Don’t Fit Me

Picture: Book cover of The Right To Mourn

In your absence, I am present
Beneath the wind, finding breath
in belief, finding strength
for memories buried in essence
Your clothes still don’t fit me
but your old friend says I wear your smile
and am clothed with potential
and the clarity of your dreams

Your clothes don’t fit me still
but your name I adorn
and stand in the aftermath of your poise
for those who were looking for you found me
You left us no fame, just a name
no directions, just a destination
no penny, just thoughts
no shame, no remorse

Mama smiles now and then when she looks into the distance
I guess that’s when you visit; when you are near
She’s beautiful; she’s the measure of a great woman
You should see mine – beautiful as purpose in flight
I hope Summeroses bloom where you are
memories and prayers facilitate visits between father and son
I’ve found you everywhere
But carry you well when the ink wells

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts