Love Late


I sent my apology in a bottle
But only pieces of letters were found ashore
Readers speculated of intentions sometimes running into violent waves
Yet none saw that I was trying to piece together a heart I had torn
She was always counting the years
I was counting the times the cap turned
And always waiting for the tide to carry my remorse
So that I can tell you that I am yours

She loved me from the start
But she found me trying to unlove the fear
She calls me a liar
When I tell her I saw a light instead of a fire
I lied
She died
She died because the truth supposedly set me free
To only bind me to the love I was supposed to give

I seem to always love late
The merchant who arrives at the end of the trade
Perchance you read this to the end
I wanted to say how sorry of a man I am 

Comments

Popular Posts