Meet my mother

Image: Pixabay

We first met when fire was breaking in my bones
Limping to our first date
Our first and foremost caffeine exchange
The turning of the soil that would be a garden for your eternal last name

Hi, I’m Masingita
Pardon my worn-out jean, jacket and crutch
I come from burying a relationship and a supposed friendship
I’ve since been leaning in my walk because love has been a crooked path 
Laden with promises, excuses, apologies, second chances, heartbreaks and death
Breath, heartaches, bruised knees, unanswered prayer, betrayal, lies and depth
Wherein life is sometimes submerged
I am scared to love again, but I’d love to be your best

You don’t look like you’d hurt a fly
But then again I can’t fly
Raise me up and watch me fall
I limped and fell for you at the mall
I left Winterfeldt and its cold
To come lie prostrate at your alter to break its hold
I am an unworthy sacrifice
May your love's blaze consume me whole

I know, I smell like dust, tears and loss
I just buried my father
He would’ve loved you

Let me introduce you to my mother

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts